The kids had a whole week off before Christmas this year. Tom was working the first of the week so we decided to go to Grandma's in Idaho Falls for a few days. We went December 20-21. My sister Lisa and I took my mom to lunch for a belated birthday and shopped all day the first day without kids! It was great! The kids stayed at Lisa's house and played with cousins. Jason keeps asking when he can go back. I needed a girl's day. That night we went and saw the cool light displays in Iona and then stopped at my Uncle Ron and Aunt Diana's to see their Nativity displays. They have hundreds of Nativity sets. The kids loved to see them. It was fun for me to visit their house. It had been a long time but I have such fun memories of their house when I was a kid. Camping in their backyard, Christmas parties in their basement, (Santa came once!) walking to the convenience store around the corner, and watching my cousin "feather" his hair.
They mean a lot to me. I should let them know that more.
 |
| Jason thought it was great, and I worried the whole time he would break something. |
We stayed the night at my mom's and the next day I took Nate to do his Christmas shopping. As long as we were in a bookstore he was happy. In the afternoon we decided to go ice skating with Kate, Cheyenne and Emma. It had been 20 years since I had done it, and the first time for the kids. It was fun, I think we need to go again this year so the girls could get off the wall.
 |
Nate and Abby
|
 |
Erin
|
 |
Erin, Kate, Abby and Cheyenne
|
 |
Erin, Abby and Nate
|
 |
Chey and Abby
|
 |
Next time I hope Tom can come with us.
|
It seems like it has been so long since we've taken a trip home. It got me in the Christmas spirit. I'm glad we could go and I could show my kids some of the places from my childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment